|Many respondents complained about vivid dreams. Some explained that dreams were so vivid that they had problems to separate waking and dreaming realities. No doubt that fear to be labeled as (slightly) insane also is an issue. Two respondent expresse... Read more of Vivid dreams at My Dreams.ca|| Informational|
It is true that ethical medical doctors use the least-risky ...
Acute Stenosis Of The Larynx
Etiology.--Causes of a relatively sudden narrowing of the lum...
During And After Desquamation The Treatment Should Be Continued As
indicated in milder cases, except the throat continue troubleso...
Symptoms And Signs Of Cardiac Disturbance
It is now recognized that any infection can cause weakness an...
The dilatation of cicatricial stenosis of the esophagus can ...
The Living Arches of the Foot. One of the most important thin...
Normal Blood Pressure For Adults
Woley [Footnote: Woley, II. P.: The Normal Variation of the S...
Instructions To The Patient
Before beginning endoscopy the patient should be told that h...
Contraindications To Direct Laryngoscopy
There are no absolute contraindications to direct laryngosco...
As mentioned above, bronchial aspiration is often necessary....
It is not always easy to say definitely whether a bone is brok...
Direction Of The Esophagus
The esophagus enters the chest in a decidedly backward as we...
Direct Laryngoscopy Adult Patient
Before starting, every detail in regard to instrumental equi...
(_Ague in the breast--Inflamed breast_.) This is a disease...
Colds Consumption And Pneumonia
Disease Germs. In all foul air there are scores of different ...
Painful Urination Incontinence Of Urine
_Involuntary Urination._ Where the discharge of urine prod...
Eyes Accidents To
Three distinct classes of these are to be considered. They req...
The Effect Of Athletics On The Heart
We can no longer neglect the seriousness of the effects of c...
Though often but slight, disappearing in a few minutes by some ...
After a fall from a height, where there is no apparent outward...
Resume Of Emergency Tracheotomy
Source: A Manual Of Peroral Endoscopy And Laryngeal Surgery
The following notes should be memorized.
1. Essentials: Knife and pair of hands (but full equipment better).
 2. Don't do a laryngotomy, or stabbing.
3. Two stage, finger guided operation better.
4. Sand bag or substitute.
5. Press back danger lines with left thumb and middle finger, making
safety line and trachea prominent.
6. Memorize Jackson's tracheotomic triangle.
7. Incise exactly in middle line from Adam's apple to sternum.
8. Feel for tracheal corrugations with left index in pool of blood,
following trachea with finger downward from superficial Adam's apple.
9. Pass knife along index and incise trachea (not too deeply, may
cut posterior wall).
10. Don't mind bleeding; but keep middle line and keep head
straight; keep head low; don't bother about thyroid gland.
11. Don't expect hiss when trachea is cut if patient has stopped
12. Start artificial respiration.
13. Amyl nitrite. Oxygen.
14. Practice palpation of the neck until the tracheal landmarks are
15. Practice above technic, up to point of incision, at every
16. Jackson's tracheotomic triangle: A triangulation of the front
of the neck intended to facilitate a proper emergency tracheotomy.
Apex at suprasternal notch.
Sides anterior edge sternomastoids.
Base horizontal line lower edge cricoid.
Next: Resume Of After-care Of A Tracheotomic Case
Previous: Resume Of Tracheotomy