|VIEW THE MOBILE VERSION of www.homemedicine.ca|| Informational|
Intermittent Fever, Ague or Chill Fever. This comes on wit...
Morning Sickness Of Pregnant Females
The most efficient and certain remedy for this symptom is _Ma...
Declining Limb A
See Limbs, Drawn up. ...
A talisman may be described as an emblematical object or im...
The Relations Of The Principal Bloodvessels To The Viscera Of The Thoracico-abdominal Cavity
The median line of the body is occupied by the centres of the...
How the Eye is Made. Next in importance after the smell and t...
The esophagoscope, like the bronchoscope, is a hollow brass ...
Symptoms And Signs Of Cardiac Disturbance
It is now recognized that any infection can cause weakness an...
Diagnosis From Measles
In scarlatina the heat is much greater, and the pulse is much...
Butter, Margarine And Fats In General
Recently, enormous propaganda has been generated against eati...
It has long been known that altitude increases the heart rate...
Burns Case Xxxiv
Mr. C. aged 51, scalded his leg ten days ago on the instep. H...
Complications Following Esophagoscopy
These are to be avoided in large measure by the exercise of ...
In the common form this is purely neuralgic. The nerves are in...
Division Of The Process Of The Disease Into Periods
Its course is commonly divided into four distinct periods, vi...
It is a mistake to try to force a foreign body into the stom...
Rest In Sleep
HOW do we misuse our nervous force? First, let us con...
Impossibility Of Answering For The Issue Of Every Typhoid Case
Although a _typhoid character_ of scarlatina will rarely set ...
Putrid Symptoms Gargle Solution Of Chloride Of Soda Drink: Chlorate Of Potass Liquor Calcii-chloridi
Should _putrid symptoms_ make their appearance (21), I would ...
Gangrene Of The Lung
Pulmonary gangrene has been followed by recovery after the e...
Resume Of Emergency Tracheotomy
Source: A Manual Of Peroral Endoscopy And Laryngeal Surgery
The following notes should be memorized.
1. Essentials: Knife and pair of hands (but full equipment better).
 2. Don't do a laryngotomy, or stabbing.
3. Two stage, finger guided operation better.
4. Sand bag or substitute.
5. Press back danger lines with left thumb and middle finger, making
safety line and trachea prominent.
6. Memorize Jackson's tracheotomic triangle.
7. Incise exactly in middle line from Adam's apple to sternum.
8. Feel for tracheal corrugations with left index in pool of blood,
following trachea with finger downward from superficial Adam's apple.
9. Pass knife along index and incise trachea (not too deeply, may
cut posterior wall).
10. Don't mind bleeding; but keep middle line and keep head
straight; keep head low; don't bother about thyroid gland.
11. Don't expect hiss when trachea is cut if patient has stopped
12. Start artificial respiration.
13. Amyl nitrite. Oxygen.
14. Practice palpation of the neck until the tracheal landmarks are
15. Practice above technic, up to point of incision, at every
16. Jackson's tracheotomic triangle: A triangulation of the front
of the neck intended to facilitate a proper emergency tracheotomy.
Apex at suprasternal notch.
Sides anterior edge sternomastoids.
Base horizontal line lower edge cricoid.
Next: Resume Of After-care Of A Tracheotomic Case
Previous: Resume Of Tracheotomy