|VIEW THE MOBILE VERSION of www.homemedicine.ca|| Informational|
Medical ArticlesStomach Trouble
If you would cure thoroughly, you must first make sure that th...
Toxic Disturbances And Heart Rate
Under this head it is not proposed to consider disturbances...
I shall say but little about this very common and very obstin...
Bruises Case Xiv
The first case of bruise which I shall detail was not severe,...
The Extraction Of Tightly Fitting Foreign Bodies From The Bronchi
Annular Edema Such objects as marbles, pebbles, corks, etc.,...
Symptoms Of Prolonged Foreign Body Sojourn In The Bronchus
1. The time of inhalation of a foreign body may be unknown ...
As the patient should have a constant supply of pure air for ...
In some cases of this trouble the symptoms are very alarming, ...
The cause of deposits of fat around the heart or in between i...
Sometimes these occur as merely relaxed tissue full of blood. ...
Why Does Mrs Smith Get On My Nerves?
IF you want to know the true answer to this question ...
This trouble is rather a symptom than a disease. It rises from ...
Passing the cricopharyngeus is the most difficult part of es...
This is the accumulation of gases in the body, usually caused ...
This is an affection of the bowels of the nature of diarrhoea,...
This fever may be either intermittent, remitting, or continue...
Diet Economy In
Dr. Hutchison, one of our greatest authorities on the subject ...
Malignant disease of the esophagus is rarely seen early, bec...
From The Hygienic Dictionary
Vitamins.  The staple foods may not contain the same nutr...
Causes And Dangers Of Polluted Water
Wells--the Oldest Method of Supplying Water. It was long ago ...
Resume Of Emergency Tracheotomy
Source: A Manual Of Peroral Endoscopy And Laryngeal Surgery
The following notes should be memorized.
1. Essentials: Knife and pair of hands (but full equipment better).
 2. Don't do a laryngotomy, or stabbing.
3. Two stage, finger guided operation better.
4. Sand bag or substitute.
5. Press back danger lines with left thumb and middle finger, making
safety line and trachea prominent.
6. Memorize Jackson's tracheotomic triangle.
7. Incise exactly in middle line from Adam's apple to sternum.
8. Feel for tracheal corrugations with left index in pool of blood,
following trachea with finger downward from superficial Adam's apple.
9. Pass knife along index and incise trachea (not too deeply, may
cut posterior wall).
10. Don't mind bleeding; but keep middle line and keep head
straight; keep head low; don't bother about thyroid gland.
11. Don't expect hiss when trachea is cut if patient has stopped
12. Start artificial respiration.
13. Amyl nitrite. Oxygen.
14. Practice palpation of the neck until the tracheal landmarks are
15. Practice above technic, up to point of incision, at every
16. Jackson's tracheotomic triangle: A triangulation of the front
of the neck intended to facilitate a proper emergency tracheotomy.
Apex at suprasternal notch.
Sides anterior edge sternomastoids.
Base horizontal line lower edge cricoid.
Next: Resume Of After-care Of A Tracheotomic Case
Previous: Resume Of Tracheotomy