|Difficult.ca - Pickup new skills and check out the large collection of how to articles and how to books Visit Difficult.ca|| Informational|
Medical ArticlesBone Diseased
Diseased bone is not incurable. Bone is indeed constantly bein...
The Dissection Of Femoral Hernia And The Seat Of Stricture
Whilst all forms of inguinal herniae escape from the abdomen ...
Leucorrhoea And Prolapsus Uteri - Whites Female Weakness
The disease depends in all cases upon _inflammation_ of the u...
See Towels, Cold Wet. ...
Angioneurotic edema manifests itself by a pale or red swolle...
Ulcers Case Xxi
Mrs. Butcher, aged 52, has two ulcers a little above the oute...
Malignant disease of the esophagus is rarely seen early, bec...
List Of Instruments
The following list has been compiled as a convenient basis f...
Pulmonary Insufficiency Pulmonary Regurgitation
If this rare condition occurs, it is probably congenital. A ...
Esophagoscopy is demanded in every case in which a foreign b...
Esophageal Foreign Body
After initial choking and gagging, or without these, there m...
The Surgical Dissection Of The Wrist And Hand
A member of such vast importance as the human hand necessaril...
To Prevent Colds
Keep the _arms_, _hands_ and _chest_ well clothed and warm. ...
Symptoms Of Gastric Foreign Body
Foreign body in the stomach ordinarily produces no symptoms. ...
Enlargement Or Ossification Of The Heart
Treat these two affections in the same way. Take the A D curr...
It is not easy to decide just whew all acute endocarditis has...
Acute Dilatation Of The Stomach
This condition is not well understood, nor is its frequence k...
This is severe pain in one part or other of the body, sometime...
Autodrownage is the name given by the author to the drowning...
Colds Consumption And Pneumonia
Disease Germs. In all foul air there are scores of different ...
Resume Of Emergency Tracheotomy
Source: A Manual Of Peroral Endoscopy And Laryngeal Surgery
The following notes should be memorized.
1. Essentials: Knife and pair of hands (but full equipment better).
 2. Don't do a laryngotomy, or stabbing.
3. Two stage, finger guided operation better.
4. Sand bag or substitute.
5. Press back danger lines with left thumb and middle finger, making
safety line and trachea prominent.
6. Memorize Jackson's tracheotomic triangle.
7. Incise exactly in middle line from Adam's apple to sternum.
8. Feel for tracheal corrugations with left index in pool of blood,
following trachea with finger downward from superficial Adam's apple.
9. Pass knife along index and incise trachea (not too deeply, may
cut posterior wall).
10. Don't mind bleeding; but keep middle line and keep head
straight; keep head low; don't bother about thyroid gland.
11. Don't expect hiss when trachea is cut if patient has stopped
12. Start artificial respiration.
13. Amyl nitrite. Oxygen.
14. Practice palpation of the neck until the tracheal landmarks are
15. Practice above technic, up to point of incision, at every
16. Jackson's tracheotomic triangle: A triangulation of the front
of the neck intended to facilitate a proper emergency tracheotomy.
Apex at suprasternal notch.
Sides anterior edge sternomastoids.
Base horizontal line lower edge cricoid.
Next: Resume Of After-care Of A Tracheotomic Case
Previous: Resume Of Tracheotomy