|Smoke Free Places.ca - Information on the smokee free act Visit Smoke Free Places.ca|| Informational|
Medical ArticlesPunctures Case Vii
Mr. Parr, aged 30, of delicate habit, trod upon a needle whic...
These pains occur usually when a patient has been for some tim...
I have little to say with regard to _diet_, at least to physi...
Rules For Insertion Of The Catheter For Insufflation Anesthesia
1. The patient should be fully under the anesthetic by the ...
For use in our treatment we recommend Coutts' Acetic Acid. It ...
The Teeth The Ivory Keepers Of The Gate
Why the Teeth are Important. The teeth are a very important...
Passing the cricopharyngeus is the most difficult part of es...
THEOPHRASTUS BOMBASTUS VON HOHENHEIM, commonly known as Parac...
Emetic; stimulate and keep warm; keep patient lying down. ...
Part of a raw turnip is grated down to a pulp. As much of this...
This seems a very simple thing to do, but is by no means easy ...
Take B D current, forceful as the patient can bear, and treat...
Rheumatism Acute Inflammatory
First ascertain if the kidneys be morbidly positive--urine sc...
Technicalities Of The Pack And Bath
Let me give you its technicalities, and the rationale of its ...
Alkalis (eg Ammonia Soda Or Potash)
Give dilute vinegar, followed by white of egg. ...
Tartar Emetic Or Other Antimonial Poisons
If vomiting is not present, induce it by an emetic. Give doses...
Mild Reaction Erethic
If the poison is not virulent, and the body of the patient in...
Want Of Water
One of the obstacles is the _want of a sufficient quantity of...
Frictions With Lard
were used already by Caelius Aurelianus, and recently re-intr...
This is the accumulation of gases in the body, usually caused ...
Resume Of Emergency Tracheotomy
Source: A Manual Of Peroral Endoscopy And Laryngeal Surgery
The following notes should be memorized.
1. Essentials: Knife and pair of hands (but full equipment better).
 2. Don't do a laryngotomy, or stabbing.
3. Two stage, finger guided operation better.
4. Sand bag or substitute.
5. Press back danger lines with left thumb and middle finger, making
safety line and trachea prominent.
6. Memorize Jackson's tracheotomic triangle.
7. Incise exactly in middle line from Adam's apple to sternum.
8. Feel for tracheal corrugations with left index in pool of blood,
following trachea with finger downward from superficial Adam's apple.
9. Pass knife along index and incise trachea (not too deeply, may
cut posterior wall).
10. Don't mind bleeding; but keep middle line and keep head
straight; keep head low; don't bother about thyroid gland.
11. Don't expect hiss when trachea is cut if patient has stopped
12. Start artificial respiration.
13. Amyl nitrite. Oxygen.
14. Practice palpation of the neck until the tracheal landmarks are
15. Practice above technic, up to point of incision, at every
16. Jackson's tracheotomic triangle: A triangulation of the front
of the neck intended to facilitate a proper emergency tracheotomy.
Apex at suprasternal notch.
Sides anterior edge sternomastoids.
Base horizontal line lower edge cricoid.
Next: Resume Of After-care Of A Tracheotomic Case
Previous: Resume Of Tracheotomy