|VIEW THE MOBILE VERSION of www.homemedicine.ca|| Informational|
Medical ArticlesMechanical Effect Of Each Pole
The mechanical effect of the forward end of the current, or t...
Earache - Otalgia
This may arise from various causes, but a common one is sudde...
Decannulation After Cure Of Laryngeal Stenosis
In order to train the patient to breathe again through the la...
Remedial Virtues Ascribed To Relics
A relic has been defined as an object held in reverence or ...
An infant's clothing should be soft, warm, and light in weight...
Rub the hands and arms well twice a day with CAYENNE LOTION (s...
Take the A D current. If torpid, treat with mild force. Treat...
This serious trouble in slighter forms affects one side of the...
Secondary Eliminations Are Disease
However the exact form the chain from irritation or malnutrit...
Recent Wounds Contusions And Burns
Use the B D current, strong force as can be borne. Bring the ...
Tuberculosis Of The Tracheobronchial Tree
The bronchoscopic study of tuberculosis is very interesting,...
Baths And Bathing
Bathing as a Means of Cleanliness. It has been said that one ...
Conclusion: Help Yourselves If Your Physicians Will Not Help You!
And I am none of your water-enthusiasts, who pretend to cure ...
Head Sounds In
As the result and accompaniment of deafness these are sometime...
Chloroform Or Ether (inhaled)
Fresh air. Pull tongue forward, and begin artificial respirati...
What Effect Could Be Expected From A Warm Wet-sheet?
The first impression of the wet-sheet is, as I stated before,...
Treatment Of Other Eruptive Fevers
The treatment as prescribed for scarlatina in this pamphlet, ...
This is usually brought on by some excessive strain upon the b...
Much, if not all, of the success in any case of treatment depe...
The key to action in case of epidemics prevailing in the distr...
Resume Of Emergency Tracheotomy
Source: A Manual Of Peroral Endoscopy And Laryngeal Surgery
The following notes should be memorized.
1. Essentials: Knife and pair of hands (but full equipment better).
 2. Don't do a laryngotomy, or stabbing.
3. Two stage, finger guided operation better.
4. Sand bag or substitute.
5. Press back danger lines with left thumb and middle finger, making
safety line and trachea prominent.
6. Memorize Jackson's tracheotomic triangle.
7. Incise exactly in middle line from Adam's apple to sternum.
8. Feel for tracheal corrugations with left index in pool of blood,
following trachea with finger downward from superficial Adam's apple.
9. Pass knife along index and incise trachea (not too deeply, may
cut posterior wall).
10. Don't mind bleeding; but keep middle line and keep head
straight; keep head low; don't bother about thyroid gland.
11. Don't expect hiss when trachea is cut if patient has stopped
12. Start artificial respiration.
13. Amyl nitrite. Oxygen.
14. Practice palpation of the neck until the tracheal landmarks are
15. Practice above technic, up to point of incision, at every
16. Jackson's tracheotomic triangle: A triangulation of the front
of the neck intended to facilitate a proper emergency tracheotomy.
Apex at suprasternal notch.
Sides anterior edge sternomastoids.
Base horizontal line lower edge cricoid.
Next: Resume Of After-care Of A Tracheotomic Case
Previous: Resume Of Tracheotomy