PHYSICIANS' TREATMENT for Vomiting
Categories: Digestive Organs
The only way to treat it is to treat
the disease that causes it. Here I may mention a very simple remedy; a tea
made from wood soot is frequently helpful. It is the creosote in the wood
soot that gives it its medical virtue.
2. For nervous vomiting; two to five drops of garlic juice is good. Dose
of syrup for a child [is] one teaspoonful. Dose of syrup for an adult is
3. A little brandy on cracked ice is often good.
4. Oil of cloves, one-half to one drop, helps in some cases.
5. Lime water added to milk is good in babies.
6. Vinegar fumes, saturate a cloth and inhale the fumes.
7. Seidlitz powder often settles the stomach, soda also.
8. Mustard plaster over the stomach is good in all cases.
9. One-tenth of a drop of ipecac is good for nausea and vomiting.
10. One-half of a drop of Fowler's solution every two hours is useful in
nausea following a spree. So also one drop dose of nux vomica every half